- Share this post:
What’s not to love about this delicious, nutritious twist on lasagna? Yum!
Makes 6 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large zucchinis, sliced about ¼‑inch thick
4 large tomatoes, sliced about ¼‑inch thick
2 medium onions, sliced very thin
1 sprig fresh basil, 6–8 leaves, chopped or thinly sliced Italian seasonings
ground black pepper
8 ounces shredded 2% mozzarella
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a 2½- quart oval bakeware dish (such as Corningware), pour the olive oil (or spray with olive oil cooking spray). Cover the bottom of the dish with sliced zucchini. Then, spread a layer of tomatoes and a layer of onions. Top with half of the sliced basil, Italian seasonings (or other herbs from your garden), and ground pepper.
3) Then add a layer of about half the shredded cheese.
4) Repeat (except for the olive oil).
5) Bake about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Hint: This recipe is especially great for using up end‑of‑summer veggies. An easy way to slice the basil is to roll up several leaves (stem edges inside), and then make thin slices. You end up with very thin strips, called a chiffonade.
Note: This recipe is adapted from Liz Manaster’s From A to Zucchini.
What are your favorite lasagna ingredients?
SOURCE: The DASH Diet Weight Loss Solution by Marla Heller, MS, RD.
Full Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked