Rosemary-Citrus Turkey Breast & Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Share this post:
Just in time for Thanksgivukah come two delicious recipes for turkey and cranberry sauce. They’d make great additions to any dinner during the holidays–or whenever! Yum!
Rosemary-Citrus Turkey Breast
1 bunch rosemary, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
¼ cup olive oil
4 cups chicken broth (read ingredients and avoid added sugars and other unnecessary fillers)
~4 pound bone-in turkey breast
1. Zest oranges & lemons and then juice.
2. In large storage container, stir together:
– citrus zest & juice
– chopped rosemary & garlic
– 4 cups chicken broth
– ¼ cup olive oil
– 1 cup water
– 2 Tablespoons salt
Add turkey breast to marinate.
3. Marinate turkey for 24 hours (or a minimum of 1 hour up to 48 hours)
4. Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
5. Remove turkey from marinade and place in baking pan. Put in oven at 450 F for 5 minutes.
6. Lower temperature to 400 F and continue to roast for ~1-1.5 hours or until internal temperature of 165 F.
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fat: 3.5 g
Protein: 28 g
Fiber: 0 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 480 mg
Sugar: 1 g
Orange Cranberry Sauce
10 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
1 Tablespoon orange zest (from ~2 oranges)
1 cup orange juice
¼ cup honey
1. In a small pot, place the following ingredients:
– 10 ounces cranberries
– 1 cup orange juice
– 1 Tablespoon orange zest
– ¼ cup honey
2. Stir the above together and place on high heat, bringing to a boil, lower to low heat, cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer to bowl and place in refrigerator to cool.
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Fat: 0 g
Protein: 0 g
Fiber: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Sugar: 12 g
Source: Allison Stevens, MS, RD, LD, from Prep Dish’s gluten-free, dairy-free Thanksgiving Plan.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked