How to Wake Up After a Break-Up
- Share this post:
In the clever, information-packed new book, The Clean Separation, Kara Landau (The Traveling Dietitian) helps readers who have endured a life-changing event–a break-up or end of a relationship, the loss of a job, or the death of someone close to them–use the power of nutrition to lift their spirits and move them towards the next chapter of their lives. With warmth and positivity, Landau lays out a ‘business plan’ that readers can personalize to help them structure their lives while minimizing stress as they move towards their ‘new normal’. She also utilizes her insights about the eating habits and lifestyle practices of people from around the globe to make real-world recommendations readers can use to optimize their health and well being. Delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts by Susan Irby (The Bikini Chef) round out The Clean Separation to help readers follow the book’s food and nutrient recommendations.
Even if you haven’t recently endured a break up of any kind, you’ll no doubt find this delicious Thai Tasty Chicken Wrap from The Clean Separation a delicious addition to your menu. Enjoy!
2 cups chicken breast, roughly chopped
Pinch sea salt
Pinch black pepper
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup diced green onion
1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon thai red curry paste
4 8-inch high fiber flour tortillas
4 leaf lettuce leaves
1. Season chopped chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, adding the water, as needed, to prevent drying.
3. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, green onion, peanuts, coriander, and ginger root.
4. In a small mixing bowl, stir together yogurt, mustard, honey, lime juice, and curry paste. Mix well and then add to chicken mixture.
5. Place wrap onto a flat working surface. Top each with 1 lettuce leaf, spread with 1 1/2 Tablespoons yogurt mixture and top with 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Fold one edge of wrap in towards the center slightly. Fold both side edges over filling.
6. Spray non-stick saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Add wraps and heat until lightly golden. Serve warm or cold as an on-the-go snack.
Make chicken mixture ahead of time for the ultimate go-to snack for mid-week. These wraps are delicious served hot or cold.
Serving size: 1 wrap
Saturated fat: 2.4g
Is there a nutritious, delicious meal you like to cook or eat after a break-up or loss?
Full disclosure: The publisher sent me a complimentary copy of the book.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked