Chili Lime Chicken
- Share this post:
2 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 pinches salt, divided
2 pinches pepper, divided
1 pinch garlic powder
½ teaspoon plus 1 pinch chili powder, divided
4 teaspoons canola oil
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
½ cucumber, thinly sliced
2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Season chicken with 1 pinch each salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F, turning halfway. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking whisk together lime juice, honey, cilantro and remaining canola oil, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Toss romaine, cucumber and radishes in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with half of dressing and toss well.
- Divide salad between 2 plates. Top each with 1 piece of chicken and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition stats: 292 cals, 32g pro, 11g carbs, 3g fiber, 13g fat (2g sat)
Source: The Calendar Diet: A Month by Month Guide to Losing Weight While Living Your Life by Melina B. Jampolis, MD and Karen Ansel, MS, RD (with Ami Jampolis)
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked