5 Minute Fixes for the Frazzled
- Share this post:
We all get frazzled this time of year! But doing a few of these 5 minute fixes (many that involve food, fitness, and friends) a few times a day will help you feel better, and in some cases, burn calories or check off items on your to do list. So what are you waiting for?
- Go for a brisk walk outside.
- Sit in a quiet room, close your eyes, and take a few breaths.
- Walk up and down stairs.
- Eat an apple or pear.
- Do 50 crunches.
- Write a note to someone you love BY HAND.
- Disconnect. Turn off your phone, computer, and television.
- Use an elliptical machine.
- Listen or dance to one of your favorite songs.
- Skim your favorite magazine.
- Ride on a stationary bike.
- Do a crossword puzzle.
- Look at old photos.
- Do lunges and squats.
- Do 1-3 yoga poses.
- Just do it! (if you know what I mean)
- Walk on a treadmill.
- Brush teeth, rinse, and floss.
- Have a warm cup of tea or skim milk (with a splash of chocolate sauce or sprinkle of cinnamon).
- Wrap a gift carefully and beautifully.
- Hang up the holiday cards you receive.
- Call a friend (one that you usually text, email, or IM).
- Clean your desk.
What do you do to destress in 5 minutes or less?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked